Monday, May 2, 2011

i just gotta say something :)

ok, it was totally my intention to make this a politically neutral zone but this is something about which i am so insanely passionate that i cannot help but comment. :)

i am not celebrating the death of a man, i am celebrating the victory of a nation. if there was ever a man who qualified as "evil", who has repeatedly mocked the very nature and being of the Almighty God, slaughtering thousands of people in the name of his impotent, dead god, it is OBL. (i will not take the time to type out his name.) while it is shameful that in one instant, one bullet, everything to which he dedicated his life was destroyed and he was given over to an eternal destiny of pain and suffering (much like that which he inflicted upon thousands of americans on several occasions - 1993 world trade center bombing, 2000 uss cole bombing in yemen, september 11th, 2001) that was the consequence of the choices OBL made, repeatedly, insolently, shamelessly. justice IS the LORD'S and He can use whichever means He deems necessary to exact that justice. YES, we should pray feverishly for the lost. YES, we should make every attempt to fulfill the great commission and make disciples of ALL nations (even those who hate us and mock us and kill us) but as a woman who is passionate about her beloved country, thankful to her family members who have so graciously and selflessly served in defense of her, and as a mother who wants nothing more than a safe and free country for her children in which to live, i cannot help but feel gratitude that we have closed this chapter in our nation's history. pray without ceasing for God's powerful hand of protection over our nation and her people, wisdom for our leaders and love for each other. Lord Jesus, come quickly!

5 comments:

  1. I said it once...I will say it again..."Anyone who thinks it is unbiblical to rejoice over the death of a murderer needs to reacquaint themselves with the imprecatory prayers of the psalmist David." He openly asked God to "Take the enemy out" and when God came through, as He always does, there was MUCH rejoicing! Rejoice away sister! (I am sure Laney is too according to her post the other day.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have another opinion, Jen, but understand yours completely. It's the first one I had, too! But, looking deeper, I knew that my fear (that only comes from Satan) was leading me to react in that way. I am guaranteed to be persecuted, even by my fellow believers, but I ask - which of us prayed for OBL before we got on our knees and thanked God for killing him? Did we ever pray that his heart be turned toward Christ? Did we ever forgive him, as we are commanded to do? Or are the only words Christ has heard uttered from our lips been those of thanksgiving for the eternal fires that engulf him? We should be ashamed that those who are unsaved see us now in this light, so different from the eternal, loving light of our Saviour who never rejoiced in any death, but came to give his own life to save us ALL. http://13branches.blogspot.com/2011/05/no-time-for-celebrating.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said, Jen. Well said. I've grown quite weary of those who have seemingly put themselves on a pedestal in judgement of those who celebrate this victory. I've come to the conclusion that it's because of their own guilt over the way they feel that they have to sit in judgement of the rest of us. You explained it beautifully...took the words right outa my mouth. ;) I have a friend who emailed me about this very issue (asking how in the world to respond to such an attitude, and instead of retyping, I'll just send her here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't rejoice in OBL's death. I don't rejoice at this being any sort of victory. There are still those that hate and there are still those that will follow in his footsteps. I don't think the killing of one "man" is the end to an era or the end of anything to say the least. When our men and women serving in the armed forces come home, then, and only then, will I rejoice.

    ReplyDelete